Hollow Earth Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules - General and House Rules

Go down

Rules - General and House Rules Empty Rules - General and House Rules

Post by Kalinara Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi guys, I decided to make one more Sticky post for a rules reference.  I intend to update it as needed.

At this point in time, we'll be using the Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary rule set.  So if you need to know how to do something or check a rule, that should be our first stop.

I don't mind if we use the other source books too, but in case of contradiction, Mage 20 wins out.  If you think that we should make an exception, let me know, and we'll talk about it.

Note: In the past, we were using the Revised Edition Paradox rules.  After some consideration, I've decided to use the default Mage 20 paradox rules instead.  This is good news for you, because a successful vulgar effect will now only get you one paradox point.  (Botching...well, that's still going to be problematic.  :-))
--
House Rules:

All player characters start with one free dot of Avatar.

Combat turns:  We're going to be using a modified version of the Mage 20 combat system.  We will role initiative per the general rules.  I will announce what the NPCs intend to do first, then each of you declare your action for the turn.  I will then compile the results of the round in one single post.  We've used this system before in the battle against Jacob, and I thought it worked really well.

Kalinara
Admin

https://hollowearthchronicle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum