Hollow Earth Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainforest outside of La Ceiba, Honduras (all characters)

+2
Kyle Martin
Ragnell
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rainforest outside of La Ceiba, Honduras (all characters) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rainforest outside of La Ceiba, Honduras (all characters)

Post by Gavin Lorne Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 am

"Well.. you told me not to, then you went to sleep. In the other room. With the door closed." Gavin shrugged. "So.. it was either a test to be independent and think for myself. Or, it was a test to follow my rules and training. My training has taught me to follow my intuition and strengthen my mind and will. I had the will to watch HBO. Therefore, in both cases, I needed to watch HBO. Game of Thrones is interesting. Also.. What's a merkin? because I'm not sure what it is, and I haven't been able to research it online. And, I tried to ask someone once back at Hogwarts, and they got very uncomfortable."

He points to the dead body. "But, really, we shouldn't focus on my viewing habits, right now. We should be focusing on the dead body that i would totally reanimate if I could. Or, the baby-who-stopped-being-a-baby. I really want to know how and why that happened."

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Rainforest outside of La Ceiba, Honduras (all characters) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rainforest outside of La Ceiba, Honduras (all characters)

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 pm

"Boy Adventurer, you and I need to have a talk about Cinemax," Isaac said, grinning wildly. "Best place for a growing kid to learn new spells."

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalinara Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Mason frowns at Gavin. "I am very sad to hear that you betrayed my trust. That means I'll have to give you a lot less opportunity to do so in the near future. I'm sure you'd much rather practice Enochian verb forms than blowing things up."

He does wonder who Gavin had asked about the merkin. He hopes it was Tiberius.

"I also would be wary of following Doctor Cooper's advice in such matters. Etherites have very different methods after all." Mason doesn't know what Cinemax is, but he suspects that if he did, he'd disapprove.

Kalinara
Admin

https://hollowearthchronicle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Kalinara wrote:"I also would be wary of following Doctor Cooper's advice in such matters.  Etherites have very different methods after all."  Mason doesn't know what Cinemax is, but he suspects that if he did, he'd disapprove.

"I give very good advice!" Isaac said, grinning more broadly.

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Lorne Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 am

"Cinemax? That was the channel that didn't turn on after 10pm. Why was that?" Gavin grins. Then, he registers what Mason said. "Explode is a verb, even in Enochian. Verbs can help me write spells to blow things up. They, are, after all, what we do."

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnell Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Amy rolls her eyes at the conversation between Gavin and Mason, but looks curiously at her daughter.

She never believed in Widderslainte, but they were doing SOMETHING strange to this girl. Were they perverting the wheel in an attempt to bring back a dead Nephandus? Such a thing would have a great taint of corruption on the Avatar.

Amy takes out the cards and has Alanna cut the deck. OOC Prime 1 + Entropy 1 + Time 2. Looking for past corruption, and future potential. Is Alanna's avatar corrupted? If so, does she have the potential to be purified?

Ragnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalinara Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Alanna giggles as she cuts the deck.

Amy's glimpse of Alanna's past reveals very little that Amy does not already know. As Alanna is still, chronologically speaking, a newborn, there isn't all that much to see.

The prime/entropy part of the working does seem to pick up some entropic energy around Alanna, that may represent the touch of the Nephandi. There is no sense that it has permeated the child however. It seems more like it is influencing around her.

Of course, the voice of Amy's mentor, Daksha, may come to mind. "If it is so easy to detect a Nephandus, child, they would not be able to cause us nearly so much trouble."

Kalinara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnell Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 am

Amy smiles gently and ruffles the little girl's hair. Then looks up at the rest of the group. "I need someone with a biology background to look into this growth thing. And also someone with experience with the soul."

"However," She narrows her eyes slightly at Isaac, "We're not going to do anything that can possibly be harmful."

Ragnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Lorne Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:09 am

Gavin perks at the mention of doing something harmful. "Speaking of... What if we take something the Nephandi want and threaten them with it? Y'kno, see how they like being on the reseciving end of their game?"

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Ragnell wrote:Amy smiles gently and ruffles the little girl's hair.  Then looks up at the rest of the group.  "I need someone with a biology background to look into this growth thing.  And also someone with experience with the soul."

"However," She narrows her eyes slightly at Isaac, "We're not going to do anything that can possibly be harmful."

"I would never, ever do anything harmful to the specimen," Isaac said. "You want memetic resonance sweeping? I can do memetic resonance sweeping. Just let me get a scalpel and-" Isaac stopped himself and sighed dramatically. "Oh fine...but if something doesn't show up and a tentacle comes out of her butt it's not on me."

He deployed his spheres and sonic screwdriver and swept them over Alanna, careful not to touch her.

[ooc: Spirit sensory thingie]

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Martin Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Kyle watches both the Etherite & girl intently. "I can check both deeply but it would work better if Sharron helps me & you can get me a good few refference points Doctor. Also, there is the chance she is trying to get us to kill an innocent, they get off on that. But they hate us working together." He in turn glares daggers at their captive & grins wolfishly.

Kyle Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Martin Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Kyle opens his Sight to watch Isaac's work. OOC Spirit 1

Kyle Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalinara Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 am

Jessica rolls her eyes but stays quiet. She does genuinely seem freaked out by Alanna, for what it's worth.

Isaac's scan appears to work correctly, but he can sense no extradimensional forces acting upon the girl.

Kalinara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranmaru Vizzini Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Ranmaru looks back at the captive having been a little distracted by his companions' exchange. "I'll keep my word then. It's a shame you became a Nephandi." He focuses his mind and reaches out to suppress Jessica's pain, and then he slits her throat in such a way to not damage her vocal cords.

[ooc: He uses his blades as a focus for Mind 3 and then slices her throat. I guess it would be a coup de gras or some such thing.]
[ooc: I'm trying yet another way to get notifications. Hopefully it'll work. For some reason Google doesn't really like Macs.]
Ranmaru Vizzini
Ranmaru Vizzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalinara Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm

(OOC:

Sounds good. Since Ranmaru's actions are not likely to be stealthy, I'll give the rest of you time to decide if you want to react and how. If anyone does, we'll roll a contest.

For his part, Mason isn't particularly interested in stopping anyone.)

Kalinara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Kyle Martin wrote:Kyle watches both the Etherite  & girl intently. "I can check both deeply but it would work better if Sharron helps me & you can get me a good few refference points Doctor.  Also, there is the chance she is trying to get us to kill an innocent, they get off on that. But they hate us working together." He in turn glares daggers at their captive & grins wolfishly.

"You gonna check my work, DMV Martin?" Isaac said, smiling still. "What I'm going to do is bounce some N-rays off her. They should interact with any memetic ass hanging out besides the normal stuff every allegedly thinking being produces and the ambient cultural garbage like the Holocaust deniers or the Republicans. If that's there, they'll squirt out strangelets and this," Isaac held up his sonic screwdriver, "Will go ding. Also it might sterilize her but that almost never happens except to undergrads that set a cup of coffee down on my mint-in-box original Optimus Prime." Isaac sighed. Regrets.

"Hey Hottie, get behind me for this one? Not saying I'm going to clone you or anything, but no sense wasting haploid cells." Isaac noticed what Ran seemed to be up to and shrugged, "It can wait until you're done. Have fun!" He sat back, smiling, to watch.

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Lorne Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 am

Gavin perked up as Isaac started his research. Dude, how can I do what he does, Mason? I want something that make people sterile .. or clone them.. and I definitely want a min in box Optimus Prime. I don't know what that it is, but it seems like something I should want.

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Gavin Lorne wrote:Gavin perked up as Isaac started his research. Dude, how can I do what he does, Mason? I want something that make people sterile .. or clone them.. and I definitely want a min in box Optimus Prime. I don't know what that it is, but it seems like something I should want.

"I had an-" Isaac stopped himself, more to think about Zeke than for Boy Adventurer's sake. "Cocaine helps!"

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Martin Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 am

Kyle was focused on the working & he said his piece on their prisoner. He chooses not to waste anymore time on her or rile the group. He shakes his head in sadness for her choices, Isaac's advice & Gavin's pop-culture failure.

"Kid every one should know Optimus Prime, Embodiment of good, robots & awesome & Dr. Cooper I said a baseline would help. Learn anything?"

OOC: Kyle did watch but wants to take the high road by being respectful.

IC Kyle will step forward & trace a tight circle around the Nephlandi remains with his mountain ash staff & herbs to contain any energy that might interfere. He than waits on Isaac to respond & move before enscribing a similar circle around Alana largee enough for him & Sharon to work in.

OOC waiting on Isaac's response before anything else.

Kyle Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Kyle Martin wrote:Kyle was focused on the working & he said his piece on their prisoner. He chooses not to waste anymore time on her or rile the group.  He shakes his head in sadness for her choices, Isaac's advice & Gavin's pop-culture failure.

"Kid every one should know Optimus Prime, Embodiment of good, robots & awesome & Dr. Cooper I said a baseline would help.  Learn anything?"

"No Science here," Isaac said. "Should be a clean room, pretty much. You would weaponize lolcats."

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Lorne Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 am

Dr. Isaac Charles Cooper wrote:
"I had an-" Isaac stopped himself, more to think about Zeke than for Boy Adventurer's sake. "Cocaine helps!"

Cocaine? That's a drug. Drugs are supposed to be bad. Gavin glares at Mason. You said drugs are bad! He said they're good, and helpful. What else have you been lying about!? I suppose candy won't really give me cavities, will it! And... there really IS a Santa Claus, isn't there!?

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Martin Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:23 am

Kyle chuckles. "As an MD I can tell you that to much candy will give you cavities & much worse you will not like ,& almost any drug is useful but very bad if used wrong." After a pause "There is a real Santa by the way, He is awesome but fey & dangerous beyond word." Looking to Sharron "whenever your ready we can sort out as much as we can on the kid."

OOC anyone intervening? Also Ram's working is unresolved.

Kyle Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalinara Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm

As no one seems inclined to interfere, Ranmaru has no obstacle in dispatching Sandra. She dies quickly, looking more irritated than terrified.

Kyle's scan reveals much the same as Isaac's does. The child has been touched by negative energy, but it does not appear to be pervasive.

Kalinara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Martin Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:28 am

"Well , just as much a mystery as ever."

Kyle Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Lorne Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 am

Um, shouldn't people look scared when you kill them? You know begging for their lives? "oh no please, please, don't kill me, i have so much left to live for!" Not screaming for you life is pretty ominous, right?

'

Gavin Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum